Friday, September 30, 2016

Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 Crashed

Ai CC 2015
A friend of mine asked me to look into his computer problem regarding Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 crashed upon opening existing files or creating new file.

The first thing I do is googling for the problem and found some suggested solutions.
  1. Set PDF printer as default printer on the system.
  2. Changing files and folders attribute in AI AppData to read/write access.
  3. Delete all Ai preferences (or rename the folder name) -- Ai will recreate the folder.
But, none of these works on that particular system. I noticed Ai notification about compatible GPU detected earlier when I start Ai. This giving me an idea to shut off the nVIDIA GPU support to try to isolate the problem. 

GPU Performance Settings
Preferences Dialog Box
Credit: Adobe.com
Go to Edit/Preference in Ai menu, the look at GPU Performance in the left side of the Preference dialog box. Untick the GPU Performance in the right pane, then restart Ai.

The problem solved.

I believe there is GPU driver problem. I shall try to update the drive.

Computer System:
A Laptop, Acer Aspire V5-471PG with
* Windows 10 x64
* 8 GB system memory
* Intel HD Graphics / nVIDIA 710m 

Further reading: GPU Performance 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put a nice comments.. or kabooommm.!

Google
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Note: English is not my first language.