Sunday, June 13, 2010

ECS P4M800-M7 Motherboard SATA Problem.

If anybody encounter problem with SATA interface on ECS P4M800-M7 motherboard, you should upgrade the bios and limit the transfer rate of the drive.

My situation:

My mobo cannot detect my 500gb WD HDD. So, I suspected the bios problem because, bios didnot display any SATA interface. After I upgrade the bios, SATA Interface appeared but still not detect the hdd. BIOS take about 3 minutes to finish POST. Still, no hdd detected.

Then, I suspected the hdd is using new SATA technology but mobo still using first SATA technology. So, I set hdd jumper to limit the transfer rate. Then mobo could detect the hdd.


Mobo manufacturer: EliteGroup (ECS)
Model: P4M800-M7 Ver 3.1

Steps:

  1. (1)
    Upgrade BIOS
    Download Latest BIOS file from here
  2. (2)
    Setting HDD jumper to limit to 150mb transfer rate
    Read this document on how to set the jumper

* beware - you may trash you mobo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put a nice comments.. or kabooommm.!

Google
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Note: English is not my first language.