Wednesday, November 12, 2008

AVG8: Invalid Update Control CTF File

Today, about an hour ago, I received an error message while updating AVG 8 Free Version, the error says:

Invalid Update Control CTF file

After 10 to 15 minutes searching my computer for the CTF file, I found it at

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\update\download.
In the folder, I saw two .ctf file, which is avginfoavi.ctf and avginfowin.ctf, I delete both files and try to run update again, and it was successful.

The above folder is valid for Windows XP. For Windows Vista user, try locate .CTF file folder C:\Users\All Users\avg8\update\download.

THE END

1 comment:

Put a nice comments.. or kabooommm.!

Google
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Note: English is not my first language.